Multiple Women Have Come Forward In Jonathan Majors Scandal
US actor Jonathan Majors attends the Vanity Fair 95th Oscars Party at the The Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts in Beverly Hills, California on March 12, 2023 (photo by Michael Tran//AFP via Getty Images).
Problems have only amplified for Jonathan Majors, after his arrest last month. On Wednesday (April 19), sources close to the matter revealed to Variety that multiple women have come forward and are now cooperating with the Manhattan district attorney’s office. Although it’s unknown how familiar these women are to Majors, the move signals a drastic turn in the case, where the Creed III actor has been charged with strangulation, assault, and harassment against a 30-year-old woman.
Majors’ attorney, Priya Chaudhry, said in a statement, “Jonathan Majors is innocent and has not abused anyone. We have provided irrefutable evidence to the District Attorney that the charges are false. We are confident that he will be fully exonerated.”
Chaudhry’s husband, Andrew Bourke, is Majors’ crisis publicist, and has claimed that the 30-year-old woman in question was the aggressor, releasing a series of text messages that the woman sent Majors after his March 25 arrest.
“Please let me know you’re okay when you get this. They assured me that you won’t be charged. They said they had to arrest you as protocol when they saw the injuries on me and they knew we had a fight,” a portion of the messages read.
Jonathan Majors’ lawyer shares with TMZ alleged texts sent to the actor from the woman https://t.co/bgu2USrrMJ pic.twitter.com/48qVCDM8Wp
— philip lewis (@Phil_Lewis_) March 30, 2023
But a source that’s working with Majors on an upcoming project says the messages were all but exonerating. “It read like a bad Lifetime movie. They basically look like the text messages of a textbook abused woman,” they told Variety.
Since his arrest, Majors has been dropped from advertising campaigns with the U.S. Army, the Texas Rangers MLB, the upcoming Otis Redding biopic Otis & Zelma, and a film adaptation of the 2004 Walter Mosley novel, The Man In My Basement. The actor and luxury fashion house Valentino has also “mutually agreed” that he wouldn’t be attending the 2023 Met Gala. Majors’ talent manager, 360 Entertainment, and PR firm, the Lede Company, have also parted ways with the 33-year-old.
Majors’ upcoming film, Magazine Dreams, where he portrays a troubled bodybuilder, is expected to release on December 8. However, Marvel Studios fans are still anticipating the news on whether he’ll continue to star in the MCU franchise as Kang the Conqueror, as he reportedly completed filming on the second season of the Disney Plus series Loki. A source has told Deadline that Marvel has had “zero conversations” about the actor’s future with the company.
Majors is scheduled to appear before a New York City judge on May 8.